• 1888-06-30

    On 30th June 1888, the ‘Leeds Times’ reported that it had been decided to erect a boundary wall around Sandal Castle and also build a lodge.

  • 1890-02-08

    On 8th February 1890 the Wakefield Free Press reported that: ‘Messrs Scott, Marriott, Ash and Davison were appointed as a special committee to report on the state of Sandal Castle.’

  • 1887-12-03

    On 3rd December 1887, it was reported that the Sandal Local Board had taken in hand the works of laying out Sandal Castle hill to render it an attractive recreation ground for visitors.

  • 1887-07-08

    On 8th July 1887, it was reported that Sandal Castle and its grounds had been handed over to the Local Board by Sir Lionel Pilkington.